(From the Coles Connection January Edition - Peel, Inc.)
It's a fact of our global economy that consumers are drawn to the internet because of convenience. Why is it important to "Think Local Business First?"
1. Local Businesses are often collectively our largest local employer. The largest growth of jobs is from small business owners.
2. When one dollar is spent at a local business, economist indicate it is circulated four to seven additional times in the local economy.
3. Every dollar spent locally generates up to 75% more tax revenue to our community and State.
4. Local business are often the largest financial supporters of neighborhood school programs, local charities and your sports activities.
5. Strong local businesses help maintain property values and contribute to the character of our community by offering a diverse selection of goods and services.
6. Local businesses are most often the first job for our children and also the first introduction into the "real world" of economics.
7. Small businesses often innovate quicker and thus grow faster and can have a greater impact on our community.
Support the businesses in your community and "Think Local Business First."